Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Potential Careers

As graduation draws near, I begin to analyze and consider what I truly want to do with my life.  I know for a fact that I wanted to provide a service or product to a customer and satisfy them.  However, business is so broad, and I feel the need to start narrowing it down.  I got it narrowed down to the following topics, and the reasons why I feel it would be a good fit for me.  
Professor: I have always wanted to teach.  It has been a dream of mine every since I was a little girl. I love the idea of transforming people simply by filling up their brains.  I feel that being a professor, I will be able to keep myself intellectually challenged everyday, and truly be a student forever in the ever-changing world.  I love the idea of bettering myself through endless study, and through that, helping others better themselves.
Human Resources: I am currently taking a Human Resources Management class right now, and it is fascinating.  I love the idea of dealing with people on a daily basis, whether it is managing complaints, interviewing prospects, or evaluating an employee.  I feel that by having struggled to maintain a solid communication method throughout my life with my hearing loss, that I have an advantage when it comes to being able to communicate effectively: I can list tons of different methods that are simple to use that help convey a message I want to get across.  Working in Human Resources will allow me to experience working across cultures and diversity.
Entrepreneur: I have a solid idea for a business, and I would love to see it a reality.  I really feel that someone needs to create a voice to those that are disabled to companies nationwide.  This would be difficult, and will require a lot of sacrifice, only to know if there will be a return or not.

I know that I could quite possibly do all of these careers in the course of a lifetime, but I think the ultimate question remains of-- which of these occupations will truly make me excited to jump out of bed and head to work?